Get a professional board of directors or advisory board
It has become more and more important that SMEs have a professional board of directors or advisory board. With the rapid and large changes happening, it is important for you as a business owner to keep up with trends and to keep one step ahead. Studies show that companies which have a professional board of directors or an advisory board perform best.
What exactly is the difference?
A Board of Directors is a formal gouverning body and has the legal responsibility to ensure that the company is operated responsibly and in accordance with the law. However, it also needs to support growth and development. It contributes to the company those skills, which the board members possess. It is important that the composition of the Board reflects the skills necessary to both support and challenge the company’s further development.
An advisory board is considered equivalent to a board – but without formal responsibility for ensuring that the company is operated responsibly and in accordance with law. In many people’s opinion the ethical responsibility for the operation must be sound and in accordance with legislation. Again the aim is to support and challenge the company’s further development.
What should I consider as a business owner?
- What are the skills I need when I need to run and develop my business?
- Do I have any of the skills already in the form of accountants and lawyers – I will not buy them again ?
- How much am I even willing to listen and be guided ?
- How do I find the right people for the board of directors or advisory board ?
- How do I get started with running a board of directors or advisory board ?
Contact us on 4117 7868 to hear more about how we can help you find answers to the above questions.